rejoice

Rap isn't usually my cup of tea (notwithstanding a certain ongoing fascination with Toby Mac derived from my DC Talk enthusiasm in high school).

That said, I would like to share one piece of music that never fails to lift me up and redirect my priorities in hopes that it might be useful to others. If nothing else, it is almost guaranteed to become stuck in your head, and I can think of nothing better to have looping in one's head than:

Let us... give thanks... in all... circumstances
Let us... give thanks... in all... circumstances
Let us... give thanks... in all... circumstances
Let us... give thanks... in all... circumstances

Creation sings your praise
This is the day that God has made
Rejoice
Rejoice
And again I say rejoice!

So, without further ado, "Rejoice," by the Lutheran (yes, Lutheran) rapper Agape and a truly delightful female vocalist whom I believe is named Tonia Hughes. This was taken by a kid at the 2009 National Youth Gathering of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, but the sound quality is fairly good for YouTube. The song is available in audio form on iTunes and elsewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts