thankful thursday

I left a meeting last night feeling disheartened.  I am tired... weary of this time of transition.  I got into my car and drove off toward home, halfheartedly turning on the radio as I reflected that I wasn't even sure what I wanted to listen to, though I knew music would help my mood.  The Beastie Boys have long been one of my guilty pleasures.  I probably shouldn't like them, but alas, we all have our quirks.  Just as the radio signal clicked on, one song ended and the next began.  The Beastie Boys.  "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn."  God is always present -- and God has a crafty sense of humor.  No sleep 'til Brooklyn, indeed, but at least I know I'm not alone.

This week I am thankful for:

* good people
* important conversation
* bizarre coincidences (not just the Beastie Boys -- others, too)
* the wonderful squirrel coffee mug my lovely friend gave me! :-)  Makes me smile every time I see it.
* scented flowers
* berries
* color
* birds using the bird feeder and bird bath

How about you?

Comments

Popular Posts