Encourager

Today I learned that an Encourager has passed into glory.  We all know Encouragers -- people who never fail to build others up and who give of themselves without hesitation.  My friend Janet was an Encourager.  I hadn't seen her in quite a while, as she was a devoted member of the church we belonged to before we moved.  She was elderly, but it always seems like Encouragers will live on forever.  Their spirit of love and kindness transcends physical limitations.

And in the end, they do.  Encouragers are eternal, not just because of their faith, but also because of their example.  Janet encouraged me.  Now this good and faithful servant has joined the community of saints who from their labors rest, as the old hymn goes.  Now I need to be the Encourager.  I always said I wanted to grow up to be a Janet.  Now's the time to do it, eh?

Peace be with you -- be an Encourager.

Comments

Popular Posts