sharing a post (and a few thoughts)


I am in a spiritual funk.  Which may partially explain why I haven't been posting as often to this blog (or maybe it's just those 300-level classes I'm trying not to stink at teaching).  I just feel disconnected.  I am not sure how to get out of said funk, though I do know I would like to.  And then, I was poking around the Internet instead of grading study question sets for the aforementioned 300-level classes and I read the below-linked post from a fellow blogger.  I'm not saying this miraculously transformed my existence, the funk is gone and I'm in a glorious state of unity with the Holy Spirit or anything, but it has me thinking because (as usual) she is quite insightful.  Her post is all about intentionality... about the ways our eyes and ears (and hearts) open when we, well, specifically ask God to do that.  Not just because God acts, though God does, but because the act of asking generates mindfulness.  Really fascinating stuff.  I encourage you to read!

Also, I encourage you to share... what helps you feel connected to God?  (Or, for those of you who may not be as traditional in your religious journey, to a broader existence/spiritual realm/or however you envision this concept?)

All in a Day: The one with the opportunities: Five Minute Friday Earlier on today Kay Morgan-Gurr shared their 'Five-Minute-Friday' Blog on Facebook.  A little later Tanya Marlow s...

Comments

  1. A good bible study group! If you aren't in one now- find one. It has made a world of difference for me.
    Also, we got your package today- thank you so so much. The boys loved getting new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - glad my post helped a little :) Very kind of you to mention it. 'Not just because God acts, though God does, but because the act of asking generates mindfulness' - you put that so much better than I did!! I am still thinking this through to be honest - but so far I think it holds a lot of weight. If that weight pulls us to engage with God in a greater (more intentional way) again - then it's a pretty good weight isn't it?!
    I hope your spiritual 'funk' soon gives way to something exciting - and I look forward to reading about it!
    What helps me feel connected to God? Community. Intentionally spending time with people who encourage, challenge, inspire.
    Have a 'connected' weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, I am fortunate to have the opportunity on a regular basis to witness others giving freely of themselves, practicing intentional acts of kindness. And isn't that better than random kindness? I think it's so much nicer when one really means it. This not only reminds me of the connectedness of us all, but helps me appreciate being a part of the web of life, community, family, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts