thankful thursday

This week I am thankful for:


* This cool bird that just landed on the fence outside my office window!  I'm not sure what he is, but he's beautiful.  The photo doesn't do him justice.  Rich reddish-brown chest/belly and a small black crest on his head, kind of like that hairstyle so popular with boys right now where they push their short hair into a mohawk-let.
* Having so much fun serving on a professors' panel following a student viewing of the first presidential debate yesterday evening
* Great lunch with a friend -- good food, good fellowship
* A fun run with another friend
* Not hurting myself when I fell on aforementioned run--first time that's happened in years!
* The kid's continuing fascination with American history, though I am mildly baffled by the fact that she appears to be a budding military historian 
* Making headway on my massive stack of grading
* An enjoyable conversation with my American Political Theory students Tuesday night
* Autumn leaves

How about you?

Comments

Popular Posts