thankful... friday

There's a certain irony in having forgotten to post my usual thankful Thursday reflections on the day of the year specifically devoted to thanksgiving, but happily I was preoccupied with in-person thankfulness... and the cultivation of more things to be thankful for.  That's a lot of thanks.  Among other things, I'm thankful for:

* a great dinner at my parents' house
* good times with wonderful family
* my daughter's joy in playing with her "cousins" (technically they are second cousins once removed or something to that effect, but no sense getting hung up on technicalities)
* the opportunity to live within easy driving distance of my folks' house
* a fun class session with my political theory students Tuesday evening
* my sister's great post here
* the hospitality of Tinkerbell the cat
* stories
* olives
* a week off work for my husband
* getting to go see the movie "Lincoln" tonight!
* a sister willing to babysit so we can go see the aforementioned film :-)

Comments

Popular Posts