enthusiasm

Just looked out the office window to see a small bird perched at the feeder, head thrust through an open hole into the main body of the tube so he could pick and choose from among the mixed seeds to his little heart's content.  Watching him (her?) feast brought two things to mind: 1) I should really re-fill the feeder, because if he could get his head in there the level's getting low; and 2) what a great model for wholehearted enthusiasm.  Often I'm the one who chooses to remain perched on the outside step, selecting from the limited offerings that I can easily reach.  Thrusting myself wholeheartedly into the undertaking -- whatever that undertaking might be -- takes so much extra effort.  That little bird put forth extra effort, and presumably he flew away with a full tummy and a happy little birdy-mind.  He saw abundance where others would see limits.  I'd like to be more like that bird.

Comments

Popular Posts