Jesus year

It is, as my good friend R says, the start of my "Jesus year." (I'll leave it to you to calculate how old I'm turning as of late this afternoon, if I'm recalling my time of birth correctly. For obvious reasons my daughter's sticks in my head a bit more vividly.)

I'm choosing to take the day's weather conditions as a sign of an exciting year to come, given that it's been snowing... on March 13... in the temperate Willamette Valley where we rarely get snow in January, let alone this time of year. Go figure!

It's hard to believe Jesus only lived this long. Even harder to credit that this constituted a reasonably long and healthy life in New Testament times. The idea that I could be at the end of my days is a daunting one... I hope I am just getting started! There is so much I hope to do, see and accomplish yet in life. This all is a useful reminder that our days are numbered not in hours and minutes but in memories. What will we do with the days we have been given? We have limited control over the days part; it's in the filling of them that we experience our greatest agency, to use a bit of historian-speak.

Comments

  1. Wishing you a very happy "Jesus Year." I hope that yours does not involve ANY Roman soldiers. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts