from the elca bishop's easter message

I generally enjoy the words of the ELCA's presiding bishop, Mark Hanson. Perhaps this is partly because my grandmother claims a familial connection... his father, Oscar, was a very close friend of the family back in Brookings, SD (ya, sure, ya betcha). When Bishop Hanson's Easter message arrived in my inbox this afternoon I was particularly struck by the following phrase:

Every morning you awaken with the mark of Jesus' death on your forehead and the promise of Christ's resurrection on your lips.

As I struggle through occasional deserts in the journey of faith, I appreciate the reminders of both sacrifice and salvation.

It's a day early (unless you're far enough east), but I'll go ahead and say it now:

Alleluia! He is risen (soon). He is risen indeed.

God's abundant blessings to each of you this Easter season.

(For the bishop's full message, click here.)

Comments

Popular Posts