flow

This is somewhat experimental--I was curious whether I could update this from my new phone if I chose. Experimental... On some level that describes my life at this moment, but really, all life is that way, isn't it? We can plan, and in many cases that is probably quite a good idea. Hard to make dinner without food in the fridge or make a deadline without laying out what needs taken care of. In the end, though, life (and therefore, I presume, God) often has plans far outside anything we can anticipate. There is a concept in the Chinese religio-philosophy of Daoism of flowing like water, learning to navigate the streams of life with little turmoil. My Western sensibility recoils a bit against the idea of being subsumed in a current, but I think there's a great deal of truth to be taken from the idea that a life lived in faith involves trusting in where the current takes us. The tricky part is in learning how to do that.

Comments

  1. Stay on your back and keep your feet out in front of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts