2014


Last night I was thinking about mindfulness as a goal for the coming year, and this morning the following verse (well, song, but I knew it was actually a verse and I looked it up) sprang into my mind:

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. -- Psalm 118:24

My mantra for 2014!

Perusing the rest of Psalm 118, I found a couple other gems:

The LORD is God, and he has given us light. -- Psalm 118:27a

A welcome reminder that we are created to be people of light.

With the LORD on my side I do not fear.  What can mortals do to me? .... it is better to take refuge in the LORD than to put confidence in mortals. -- Psalm 118:6 & 8

There is Something bigger than the court of public opinion.  It's nice to be esteemed, and it's good to aspire toward the type of living that gains us esteem for qualities such as care, love, trustworthiness, and so on -- but our value does not lie in temporal assessments.  Whew.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts