small blessings



I don't know who my secret prayer sister is, but she has excellent taste in ground coffee. It's German (bonus points for a canister printed almost entirely in Deutsch), and it's smooooooth.

This advent season I'm focusing upon taking stock of small blessings in life. It's so easy to stay focused upon frustrations. Even my "thankfulness" episode of earlier in the month was a potential culprit... I'd remember I hadn't posted anything on a given day and find myself wrapped up in the frustration of finding something for which to be thankful.

That's seriously messed up, especially for a person who lives as blessed a life as I do!

So: small blessings. A lovely cup of coffee in one of the Christmas mugs I just hauled out for the season. The wonderful fact that the 5-year-old and I get to start listening to The Cinnamon Bear this evening (eeee!). (More background and information to come on that soon, as I am percolating an idea for the next church newsletter.) A nice desk to work at, as I was just noticing how nice it looks in the photo! Four and half more hours of freedom before the kindergarten day ends. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts