reframing

It's rainy and gray here this week... very rainy, and very gray.  I know we need rain, but it's late June, after all, and while I well know that "summer" doesn't really start in Oregon until early July, I'm ready to move on with my seasons, thank-you-very-much.  I'm waiting for a bunch of things, from a trip to visit the other half's hometown over the 4th to a much-anticipated journey to visit wonderful grad school friends in L.A. later next month (including a still-to-be-revealed surprise for the 7-year-old... her first visit to Disneyland!  I've been keeping it a secret so she doesn't have so long to wait, but I may not be able to hold out much longer).  I want to smell mountain air in Mt. Shasta and hang out with dear friends in west L.A. -- a place I miss far more than I thought I would, even as I continue to rejoice at being back in my home state.  I want to watch a small-town Fourth of July parade and I want to enjoy seeing the kid play with new and old friends (we get to meet two additions since we last were down south!).  I want to go hiking and I want to get "It's a Small World After All" stuck in the kid's head. ;-)  Waiting is hard... even when I feel almost ridiculously blessed by the things I have the privilege to anticipate.

So?  I need to remind myself to reframe.  It's gray outside, but the raindrops glistening on the leaves outside my office window and strung like beads along the clothesline are beautiful.  It was wet yesterday, but I enjoyed snuggling with my little girl and introducing her to "Fantasia."  (My under-the-radar prep for next month continues--mwah ha ha ha!)  Evening VBS is wearing her out, but I love watching kiddo maneuver herself into position right next to the leader and dance her heart out to the music each night.  Everyday blessings are blessings, too!  And I am very blessed.  I hope you each find blessings this week, too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts