saints

I've been paging through old scrapbooks, working on a project for my church's upcoming 30th anniversary, and my thought for the day is: thanks be to God for saints.  Patrick and all the rest are nice, of course, but I'm thinking of all the faces in these books who served so faithfully and have gone on to heaven.  I didn't attend this congregation as a child, but to these faces I can add so many others.  These are just people.  They aren't anybody "special."  But they worked hard and did special things.  They contributed, each in their own way, to the kingdom of God.  If someday, someone's paging through another old scrapbook and they come across a picture or two of me... well, perhaps that's all the "legacy" a person truly needs.  To have lived and served is enough.

Comments

Popular Posts