prospero ano y felicidad

I took German in high school, so while I can sing "Feliz Navidad" almost verbatim I found myself needing to visit Google Translate for a better understanding of today's line.  "A prosperous and happy new year" -- lovely!  I usually think of Christmas as the religious holiday and New Year celebrations as a secular, if refreshing, transition, but I think there's value in connecting Christmas with the coming New Year.  After all, what we're waiting for these four weeks of Advent is something fundamentally New.  Our lives in Christ begin again each December 25 as we start the seasonal round of Jesus stories.  Our identity as people of God is interlaced with identification of a new chapter in our relationship with the One who created our universe.

Comments

Popular Posts