he will bring us goodness and light

I missed "o holy night" day yesterday, but in my mind right now that line and today's are linked in a chorus of thanksgiving that after a night of good rest my stomach-bug-ridden child awoke to the "goodness and light" of a morning when she feels much better.  Here's hoping the school day proceeds smoothly.  I could try for something more profound, or interrogate my initial reactions (if my husband or I gets the bug, does that then sully the "goodness and light" Jesus brings? well, no...), but sometimes it's good just to stop overanalyzing and be grateful. :-)  If you see goodness and light in this day, give thanks.  If your day isn't going so great, though, remember that while sometimes it's hard to see the goodness in the midst of the night, there's a holy presence residing with you even there.

Comments

Popular Posts